Competency: Can plan, organize, and implement developmentally appropriate science lessons that facilitate problem solving, creativity, and 21st century skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to organize, integrate, and implement developmentally appropriate K – 6 science instruction that enables elementary school classrooms.
- Use a variety of instructional methods to facilitate problem solving, discovery, inquiry, and laboratory experiences in the design of activities which will help elementary school children acquire, maintain, and extend positive attitudes towards science concepts and interests.
- Devise and implement units, lessons, activities, and demonstrations to illustrate science concepts and principles based on the needs, abilities, and interests of elementary school children.
- Use resources inside and outside a school environment.
- Use formative assessment to extend the 21st Century skills of elementary children.
- Identify, develop, and apply problem-solving strategies involving science concepts and principles appropriate for grades K – 6.
· An integrated unit that encompasses at least 3-5 days of instruction
· [You will teach part of this unit for your field experience.]