APA (American Psychological Association) style is most frequently used in the social sciences, in order to cite various sources. This APA Citation Guide, revised according to the 6th edition of the APA manual, provides the general format for in-text citations and the reference page.
In the Competency-Based Education program, you will be developing projects and not essay's. You will be required to cite your sources using in-text citations and provide a reference page at the end of each project.
- If you borrow an idea from a source, cite it. Include the matching reference in your reference page.
- All sources on your reference page must have a matching in-text citation
Reference Page Guidelines
- Top and centered on page should read "Reference(s)"
- References are alphabetical.
- Hanging indent for all references.
- Double spaced all references
In-Text Citation Guidelines
If you borrow an idea from a source, cite it. Provide the matching reference on the reference page. Learn how to properly format your citations from these various resources.