Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Requirements for Graduation
In order to complete the Teacher Education Program and apply for licensure, you must meet the following conditions:
- Maintain a GPA of 2.7 or better throughout the program, including upon graduation
- Successfully complete all required professional studies and methods courses with grades of C or better
- Successfully complete all required courses for the academic concentration with grades of C or better (first degree students only)
- Participate in a Level One Student Teaching Experience in the semester before the official student teaching begins.
- Successfully complete all coursework (aside from the 2 student teaching courses) prior to beginning the student teaching block. No other courses may be taken during student teaching!
- Pass the required licensure exams prior to student teaching:
- Pearson Foundations of Reading Development with a score of 229 or higher
- Praxis Test 7813- CKT Math Subtest with a score of 150 or higher
- Successfully complete the required student teaching internship block with grades of C or better in both courses
- Successfully submit all three tasks of the edTPA portfolio during student teaching in order to complete the course.
- Pass the edTPA portfolio during student teaching with the minimum score for NC (38+) to be considered for licensure.
- Achieve ratings of "Met" on all standards of the Certificate of Teaching Capacity (CTC)
- Submit and receive ratings of Proficient or better on all required Electronic Evidences (EEs) in the electronic portfolio system
- Submit any documents as required by the School of Education and the University