What is a citation?
- describes a book, journal article, website, or other published item
- gives credit to the originator of an idea, thus preventing plagiarism
- enables the reader to retrieve the item you refer to
- includes the author, title, source (publisher and place of publication or URL), and date
The ProQuest RefWorks is a premier reference management service that supports the needs of students, faculty and librarians. With a refined user experience, full-text management, collaboration and other features you’d expect from a reference management solution, RefWorks enables students and faculty to have a more efficient and reliable process for producing the best research papers and grants. Libraries are able to offer this powerful service and have full administrative controls and analytics that provide a consistent source of patron and content usage.
EndNote is reference management software with features to
- Keep your references and reference-related materials in a searchable personal library.
- Synchronize your references between your personal computers, an online library, and your iPad, through EndNote sync. (You must be the owner and user of these computers.)
- Share your references with collaborators through EndNote sync.
- Use your references in word-processing documents to create formatted citations and bibliographies or independent reference lists.
If you hope to use EndNote desktop version, please first login to myEOL to download the EndNote Windows or EndNote Mac from the NCCU Software Repository. Please call the Research and Instruction Services Desk (919-530-6473) or email us for the product key at email@example.com.
Landmarks Citation Machine Choose the appropriate style (APA, MLA, etc.) and fill in the forms to create citations for any format.
OWL Purdue Online Writing offers APA, MLA formatting and style guide.