Develop and teach a variety of K-6 math activities, lessons, and learning segments focused on grade level standards for numbers, operations, and algebraic thinking that foster the NCDPI standards of practice in mathematics.
• Illustrate or explain pre-numeration and numeration concepts.
• Explain the concepts of rational numbers (fractions, decimals, integers, ratio, proportion, and percent) using appropriate models.
• Demonstrate algorithms for the four basic operations with positive rational numbers.
• Demonstrate the appropriate use of estimation and approximation.
• Illustrate the relations of equality and inequality with rational numbers.
• Demonstrate the use of appropriate mathematical terms and symbols.
• Serve as a model to assist all children in developing positive attitudes towards mathematics.
• Model the constructivist view of learning and understanding of mathematics.
Math Activity Collection
- 6 activities, lessons, or learning segments, focusing on primary grade level standards in numbers, operations, and algebraic thinking (choose from K-2)
- 6 activities, lessons, or learning segments, focusing on intermediate grade level standards in numbers, operations, and algebraic thinking (choose from 3-5)
From the 12 items collected above:
- 3 fully developed lesson plans and all related materials for the lessons you will teach
- edTPA Context for Learning for the class where you will teach these 3 lessons
- Reflections on the 3 lessons after teaching